Pathways to Professions Mentor Training
Registration for this event is currently closed.
Step Up Members Only
||October 04, 2011
Step Up Office: NY
159 Bleecker Street
New York, NY 10012
Pathways to Professions
6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Step Up office
159 Bleecker St, 2B
New York, 10012
Learn all the things you need to know in order to be an effective and inspiring mentor to a teen girl!
Join us in this amazing program that exposes teen girls to various careers through field trips to NYC companies!
As a mentor, you have a tremendous opportunity to share your story—how you chose the college you went to, what led you to the career you find yourself in today—as well as to learn about a Step Up teen girl’s goals and dreams.
Mentor Roles and Responsibilities
- Icon+ member or above
- College Graduate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for mentorship and youth!
- Commit to being a mentor from November to June
- Send one email per week to your mentee
- Attend Mentor Training - Tues, Oct 4, 6:30- 8:30 p.m.
- Meet Your Mentee - Wed, Oct 12, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Attend 3 mandatory company field trips with your mentee
- Attend the end of program wrap-up, June 5, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Want to host a Pathways field trip to YOUR company? Contact Tanwi at 646.833.3024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.