Step Up provides its members with hands-on volunteer opportunities with teen girls from under-resourced communities.
Step Up creates and implements impactful after-school and weekend programs that empower teen girls from under-resourced communities to be confident, college-bound, and career-ready.
Who are Step Up teen girls?
- urban high school students living at or below the federal poverty level
- often face difficult family situations like violence, abuse, addiction, unemployment & illness
- most will be 1st in family to attend college
- 1/3+ of peers will not complete high school
- in Step Up, each girl receives approx. 100 hours/yr of enrichment programming
Step Up teen programs include...
- confidence-building activities
- college and career mentoring
- field trips to partner businesses
- paid summer internships
- college tours
Step Up's Success
For three straight years, 100% of Step Up seniors have graduated from high school and been accepted to college.
"Step Up is a life-changing program available for high school girls who have to fight against all odds to succeed. With Step Up, it is possible for me and my Step Up sisters to reach our true potential." – Angie Zavala, Step Up teen