LOS ANGELES (August 31, 2020) – Today, Step Up, the mentorship nonprofit supporting girls on their way to confidence and careers, announced that it will host "Step Up Together," a digital summit connecting womxn and girls during disconnected times, on Thursday, September 10.
The summit will honor influential womxn in business and the arts who have used their platforms to uplift other womxn, furthering Step Up's mission to help all girls reach their full potential. This year's honorees are executive producer, and triple threat, Debbie Allen (Grey's Anatomy), actress Chrissy Metz (This is Us), Frito Lay North America Senior Vice President Marissa Solis, and teen honoree Valeria Gonzalez. Each will participate in an inspiring conversation during the summit, which will include a full day of content covering social justice, mentorship, leadership, networking, workplace, style, fulfilling your potential, and more.
The summit's nearly 50 sessions include:
- #IamRemarkable presented by Google featuring Akansha Boaz
- Amplifying the Latinx Experience with Frito Lay's Marissa Solis and Step Up alumna Valeria Gonzalez
- Above the Mask Tutorial with Benefit Cosmetics's Chief Beauty Ambassador Maggie Ford Danielson
- Behind the Scenes in Entertainment: Using Your Voice for Good featuring Nancy Schuster, Kanessa Tixe and Dascha Polanco
- Brand Partnerships for Good featuring Janiece Evans-Page, Bernadette Fitzpatrick, Sara Link and Heather Foster
- Calling the Shots + Calling for Equity in Entertainment featuring Channing Dungey, Danielle Sanchez-Witzel and Tammarrian Rogers
- Cooking is Power: One-Pan Flatbread Pizzas + DIY Salad Dressing by Chef + Nutritionist Ellie Krieger
- Covid Creativity: Floral Arranging with Isa Isa's Amber Lu + Kilkea Design's Kira Pearson, Molly Luetkemeyer and Sophia Moreno-Bunge
- Dance Break featuring Julie Bowen
- Defining Curls & Making Waves with Ulta Beauty's David Lopez
- Finding + Leveraging Your Confidence with honoree Chrissy Metz, Mandy Moore and Step Up alumna Rosy Garcia
- From Talent to Trailblazer: Using your Work to Inspire Change with Debbie Allen, Step Up CEO Delores Druilhet Morton and Step Up alumna Audre Wheeler
- Happy Hour: Summit Reflections and Conversation with Liz O'Connor
- Holding Space for My Sister featuring Tamara Bond Beverly, April Carr and Sheri Crosby Wheeler
- Homecoming Celebration featuring Windy Indie + Step Up alumnae
- Impact: Content Creation in a Time of Change with Tara Crimin, Jeanne Elfant Festa and Margie Moreno
- Joys of Female Friendships featuring Stephanie Beatriz and Melissa Fumero
- Leadership During Crisis + Change featuring Kimberly Jones, Kimberly Samon, Maggie Stockdale, Amanda DeVito and Step Up alumna Mikayla Armour
- Leading with Intention featuring Natalia Benson, Felicia Hernandez, Gina Marotta and Jennifer Reyes
- Let's Launch Your Big Idea with Ukay LA and Skilled.co featuring Kim Fields, Phoenix Gonzalez, Marly Kluge, Sandra McCurdy, Camille Rustia and Chrislynn VanSkiver
- Making a Name for Yourself in a Booming Industry with JoAnna Garcia Swisher, Ellen Yin and Adriana Alejandre
- Men as Active Allies featuring Steve Idoux and Mark Page
- Mentoring vs Mothering: Everyday Mentorship for this Moment with Step Up CEO Delores Morton and daughter Valarie Kemp presented by US Bank
- Navigating the New You featuring LaToya Christian, Kahshanna Evans, Tonya Garrett and Juania Owens
- Next Gen at Work: Remaining True to Yourself While Succeeding featuring Roxana Acevedo, Sasha Compere, Danielle Geathers and Tess Romero
- Nurturing Creativity for Self-Care: Conversation with Painter and Activist Calida Garcia Rawles featuring Dr. Paula Rodgers and Karina Sterman
- Personal Finance in Days of Pandemic featuring Lisa Ling, Tara Farnsworth and Jessica McLaughlin
- Put Your Money Where Your Heart Is: Socially-Responsible Investing with Briana (21)
- Rock Your LinkedIn Profile featuring Lindsay Robinson
- Smoothie Project: Let's Make a Blue Chia Smoothie with Catherine McCord
- Storytelling Through Style featuring Elizabeth Holmes, Lainey Lui, Louise Roe and Ann Shen
- Take Your Seat On Board featuring Wendi Sturgis, Kaye Popofsky Kramer, Barri Rafferty and Maria Walker
- Team YOU: When to Seek Representation with Paul Nelson and Lorrie Bartlett
- The Positive Pivot: When Life's Journey Calls for a New Career featuring Jess Glazer and Phoenix Gonzalez
- Truth Talks on Mental Health with Arianna Garcia (17), Dalencia Brown (17) and Vivi Hurtado (20)
- Truth Talks on the Entry-Level Experience with Susy (25) + Adriana (18)
- What Makes Womxn Successful in Leadership with Executive Coach Dawn Kohler
- What Will It Take to get to Equity in Fashion? Featuring Daisy Hutton, Suzanne Lerner, Danielle Prescod and Cara Santana
- Why I Call Myself an Activist with Step Up Teen Valeria (18) and presenter Gloria Calderón Kellett
- Wine Tasting with the McBride Sisters presented by Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits
- Womxn in Technology: How to Lead in a Digital Age featuring Vanessa Salinas Beckstrom, Andrea Carter and Andrya Smith
- Your Voice... Your Vote featuring Bianca Gates, Marisa Sharkey and Step Up alumna Tanzema Fazal
Attendees are invited to join Step Up virtually to support girls of color in underserved communities as they develop the skills, relationships, and access needed to graduate high school confident, college-bound, career-focused, and ready to join the next generation of womxn leaders. Guests will be able to craft their own schedules, accessing content both live and when it's convenient.
"Step Up Together is designed to provide mentorship for this moment," Step Up CEO Delores Druilhet Morton said. "It will amplify the voices of teen girls and womxn alike, highlighting conversations that are necessary, impactful and inspiring. We are grateful for our speakers and our sponsors for making this day of dialogue possible."
To register, and for additional information, visit: http://www.suwn.org/stepuptogether
The day-long summit is made possible by the support of many sponsors, including Visionary Sponsor U.S. Bank and Platinum Sponsors Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits and Ulta Beauty.
For the latest news and information on Step Up Together, be sure to follow on social, and join the conversation using #StepUpTogether.
Follow Step Up on:
About Step Up
Step Up believes all girls should have the opportunity to fulfill their potential. Through mentorship programs, the nonprofit works with girls living or going to high school in under-resourced communities on becoming confident, college-bound, career-focused, and ready to join the next generation of professional womxn. Connect at www.suwn.org.